The first mass offered in Twin Falls, Idaho was in a little house by Fr. E. Verbrugge, Pastor of St. Peter’s church in Shoshone on November 7, 1904. Monthly mass was offered thereafter using this home and others. Fr. Verbrugge expressed the desire for a real church and the Pioneers of Twin Falls made this wish a reality. The Twin Falls Canal Company donated land on the corner of 2nd Avenue East. The men of the parish built the church while the women collected funds to defray expenses. The small wooden church was completed in August 1905. On the Feast of St. Edward the Confessor the church was dedicated by Bishop Alphonse J. Glorieux, Bishop of the Diocese of Boise. This small church was the house of worship until 1921.The congregation was growing in Twin Falls and a new church was needed. Property was acquired on the corner of 6th Avenue East and 2nd Street East. Ground breaking took place on June 21, 1920. In June of 1921 Bishop Daniel Mary Gorman, 2nd Bishop of the Diocese of Boise dedicated the new church of St. Edward the Confessor. The new church was built at the cost of $83,000 with a seating capacity of 600.
Fr. Perry Dodds was the first parishioner to be ordained (1958) and celebrated his first mass in his home parish of St Edward’s.
In 1960 the Church interior was painted, marble Altars, chandeliers, tabernacle, and new flooring was installed.
Four years later the Parish Hall was built on the corner of 7th Avenue East and 2nd Street East.
New additions to the church in 1972 were the Mosaics of the Sacred Heart and Our Lady of Guadalupe.
At the directions of the Diocese of Boise in 1990 the parishes of St. Edward’s and Our Lady of Guadalupe began working together to become one parish. Fr. Ernest Anderson was assigned as co-pastor with Fr. Robb Keller.
Parishioner Patricia Santos Marcantonio has written a book, On Holy Ground that details the History, Art and Faith of St. Edward the Confessor that was published in 2003.